Ethics & Morals (382)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Human behavior/objective morality

Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of thinking recently about human behavior and morality and wanted to see what your thoughts are on thi…

Started by Michael Johnson

0 Oct 4, 2013

Intelligence and Morality

Hypothetical situation. Let's say you had some sort of magic gun that when shot with it, the whole of human knowledge and understanding wer…

Started by H3xx

9 Sep 26, 2013
Reply by Unseen

What good has religion done?

-With just 1% of the total population, Jews account for 22% of Nobel prize winners. I understand correlation isn't causation but with numbe…

Started by Thomas Patrick

12 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Joseph Barney

Any good arguments AGAINST assisted suicide?

As of now, only Oregon and Washington have assisted suicide laws. Given that Oregon had one first, and then Washington followed suit, that…

Started by Unseen

31 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by Brendan

insane comment following tornadoes in Oklahoma

I posted this in another place and I don't think I hit the right place. After the devastating tornadoes in Oklahoma which killed many peop…

Started by Ron Humphrey

69 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by matt.clerke

"God fills up the emptyness"

Okay, so I am watching an episode of Boy Meets World 4x21 Cult Fiction and one of  the main character's named Shawn face's an identity cris…

Started by Justine Robinson

42 Aug 24, 2013
Reply by Kel

The Catholic Church and pedophilia

In the ask Dr. Bob thread, there was much academic discussion of damage caused by pedophilia. I thought I should give an additional viewpoi…

Started by Melvinotis

86 Aug 24, 2013
Reply by archaeopteryx

Teenage Exorcists: The ‘Buffy sisters’ battling to rid people of sexually transmitted demons

I found this in the newspaper today on the bus to the doctors, my second thoughts were... is humanity returning to a new dark age ? The new…

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp

0 Aug 15, 2013

A special company with special offers

Imagine a company where in order to get the promotion you have to either kill or without blinking say you will kill your first born child/a…

Started by Brendan

6 Aug 4, 2013
Reply by _Robert_

The elequence of Michelle Knight's statement to Ariel Castro, her kidnapper (video)

Michelle Knight, who suffers from an unspecified (as far as I can determine) mental issue which normally makes her speech a little drawn ou…

Started by Unseen

0 Aug 1, 2013

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 15 minutes ago. 56 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 51 minutes ago. 41 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 5 hours ago. 12 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 19 hours ago. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service