Ethics & Morals (384)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

In Dostoyevsky's novel Crime and Punishment

In Dostoyevsky's novel Crime and Punishment the main character plots and carries out the murder of an old woman who has a considerable amou…

Started by meme

3 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by willailla

God Forgives Atheists?

I just had an interesting thought.  Do you think that (in the hypothetical, but rather absurdly unlikely event that there is a God) God wou…

Started by Mike Vaughan

12 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by Mike Vaughan

Is there such a thing as "Good" and "Evil" or is this yet another oversimplified religious concept?

It is my opinion that without these ludicrously outdated concepts, created manly by religion, we would have a much safer society. Why? Beca…

Started by Keith Johnston

20 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Keith Johnston

SECULAR Do-Good Organizations for World, National, Regional Disaster Relief

When drama strikes, what Secular organizations are out there for atheists and skeptics to send donations to or volunteer their time?   Feel…

Started by Christine Vyrnon

4 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by Rob

What is the Meaning of Life to an Atheist

I say it is meaningless or "it would be better for a man not to be born than to be brought into the world", but Im just curious and somewha…

Started by David

531 Jun 29, 2010
Reply by Keith Johnston

Abortions vs Adoptions. (NSFW???)

NSFW Maybe, dunno.Anyway here is the problem I'm having.I visit Yahoo! Answers sometimes every day.{PS: this isn't the problem I'm addressi…

Started by Desirai

3 Jun 22, 2010
Reply by Jānis Ķimsis

child abuse

Please read this. A letter to Rabbi David Wolpe from CJ Werleman .Great to use for any religious person to be confonted with.http://rationa…

Started by elaine kilshaw

0 Jun 22, 2010

"Facts don't prove anything" Discuss.

I was recently having a discussion/debate via Facebook with one of the most conservative, religious people I know regarding the existence o…

Started by Sol Invictus

19 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by doone

Raised Atheist vs Lost Faith

What are the differences between someone who was born an atheist and someone who believed in god and lost their faith? 

Started by Adam Shope

6 Jun 15, 2010
Reply by vjack

I feel ashamed of some atheists.

first .. I'm not even atheist, I am agnostic. (but I'm still going to hell.) There are some situations in which I feel the need to defend…

Started by Desirai

309 Jun 13, 2010
Reply by Keith Johnston

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service