Ethics & Morals (393)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Morality is Relative Because its Sources are Varied

I believe that morality is derived from a combination of factors and sources. Family, culture and religion definitely influence morality.…

Started by Atheist Exile

86 Aug 27, 2010
Reply by Atheist Exile

did you become an atheist to be free?

one of of the reasons i am an atheist is because i am more <--- 1000 times xD---> free being an atheist, you decide for your self, yo…

Started by alex chavez

62 Aug 26, 2010
Reply by Jon Heim

Morality and Atheism

Right now, I have been talking to one of my Christian friends about Christianity for about the past 2 weeks. This goes along with my previo…

Started by Tracy Lentz

34 Aug 21, 2010
Reply by Tracy Lentz

Dad, i'm affraid of dying.

Hi fellow athiest   My 10 years old daughter cought me off guard before bed time today, by telling me she was affraid of death, I'm 41 and…

Started by Jean Teneglio

20 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by Lekatt

No Santa Claus for You!

I don't have any hooligans. I'm not far from having them and one issue that concerns me is creating a world outside of rationality. In rais…

Started by Gaytor

13 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by Jen

Atheist's have no morals

So I was in the car today reading out loud a passage from The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. It talked about why religion was regarded as…

Started by Justine Robinson

29 Aug 11, 2010
Reply by Justine Robinson

Donating Books to Islamic School Girls?

I saw a Dan Dennet article in which he suggests donating books to Islamic Schoolgirls, which to me seems like a fantastic idea. I googled t…

Started by Justin T Williams

4 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by No name

Iranian mother to be stoned (update 8/3/10)

Taken from The Daily Beast:http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-08-02/iran-stoning-case-has-new-twist-lulas-asylum-offer/?ci

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!

2 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Mario Rodgers

Execution of Sentence for a Killer

Two loud bangs end 25 years on death row for Gardner The Salt Lake Tribune Updated: 06/18/2010 08:03:55 AM MDT   Draper » Five shots. Fou…

Started by D R Hosie

12 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by D R Hosie

In Dostoyevsky's novel Crime and Punishment

In Dostoyevsky's novel Crime and Punishment the main character plots and carries out the murder of an old woman who has a considerable amou…

Started by meme

3 Aug 3, 2010
Reply by willailla

RSS

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service