Ethics & Morals (396)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wisdom of the Hitch

"About once or twice every month I engage in public debates with those whose pressing need it is to woo and to win the approval of supe…

Started by John Jennings

0 Jan 18

What is love?

I feel like this should not be a difficult question to answer. We've been discussing on another thread that "god is a concept," and I'm won…

Started by Belle Rose

11 Jan 10
Reply by Simon Paynton

Torture Report release today

Let me start by saying that the commonly expressed view that torture never produces useful results is a big overstatement in my view. To sa…

Started by Unseen

134 Dec 19, 2014
Reply by Pope Beanie

Are we destined to destroy ourselves

I sometimes wonder if humans, because of the tendencies we have as mammals, are destined to destroy ourselves. Global warming (or climate c…

Started by CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

0 Nov 6, 2014

Tell me why being selfish is wrong.

Exactly as the title says. Tell me why being selfish is wrong.I'm not of the opinion that a rational, considered self-interest is wrong. I…

Started by Sagacious Hawk

111 Oct 8, 2014
Reply by Francis Francis

RELIGIOUS ABUSE OF ANIMALS tur

Even though gawd supposedly made all living things, apparently he only made some of them to be tortured and reviled. One of those living cr…

Started by Emily Elizabeth

2 Aug 24, 2014
Reply by Emily Elizabeth

Penises vs eyeballs & teeth

KATU TV in Portland, OR - Oregon will soon join a handful of states that will begin offering transition-related care to transgender people…

Started by Unseen

37 Aug 21, 2014
Reply by Davis Goodman

Medical ethicss re: new ebola serum

It appears there may be a new way to fight ebola, since an experimental serum appears to have had a nearly miraculous effect in its first a…

Started by Unseen

19 Aug 12, 2014
Reply by Peta M

This is what happens when you decriminalize prostitution

In 2003, Rhode Island decriminalized indoor prostitution - unintentionally. The state’s legislature made an amendment to a 1980 law, becaus…

Started by Unseen

0 Jul 19, 2014

What are your thoughts on Tithing?

Obviously, as an atheist, few religious behaviors make sense to me, but Tithing is especially interesting. Objectively, even if there was a…

Started by dakotah tyler

49 Jul 12, 2014
Reply by Tim Schock

RSS

Events

Services we love!

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service