Ethics & Morals (379)

Featured Discussions

Hate.

Some people seem to believe that atheists are hateful. They think we don't care about anyone or anything that we just sit around making fun…

Started by Redlilly PondLatest Reply

What is the Value of Punitive Justice?

Before I pose my question, I will clarify what I mean by 'punitive justice' in this context. 'Justice' means only the creation and enforce…

Started by kris feenstraLatest Reply

Atheists and Weapons

I was recently in Alaska doing some work. The crew that I was working with was the stereo-typical conservative god fearing crowd. Something…

Started by GaytorLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

This is what happens when you decriminalize prostitution

In 2003, Rhode Island decriminalized indoor prostitution - unintentionally. The state’s legislature made an amendment to a 1980 law, becaus…

Started by Unseen

0 Jul 19

What are your thoughts on Tithing?

Obviously, as an atheist, few religious behaviors make sense to me, but Tithing is especially interesting. Objectively, even if there was a…

Started by dakotah tyler

49 Jul 12
Reply by Tim Schock

Should killer robots be banned?

A United Nations conference is seeking to ban autonomous killing machines. Basically, this refers to killer robots that make their own batt…

Started by Unseen

80 May 30
Reply by Unseen

Torture Works

Now that I have your attention, let me say "Okay, it CAN work." I'm not arguing here that torture always works or that it should be the fir…

Started by Unseen

46 Apr 18
Reply by Philip Jarrett

Is it okay to fire an employee for being too pretty?

The all-male Iowa Supreme Court said Friday that it would reconsider its 2012 ruling that a dentist acted legally when he fired an assista…

Started by Unseen

106 Apr 18
Reply by Mike Donohoe

Are those that eat meat and are aware of the arguments for vegetarianism bad people?

So here is a question.   I am currently eating a steak.  It came from a dead animal - one who most likely didn't have the greatest life, on…

Started by Dustin

78 Apr 2
Reply by mary bottoms

Is forgiving and turning the cheek the right thing to do.

I was watching Joel Olsteen this morning. Just because it stirs me up, maybe a bit of a masochist. He was talking about how we should honor…

Started by Chris Bouziotas

50 Mar 30
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

Mistakes

Often, when (most typically) defending criminal youth, their advocates will say something like, "This one mistake shouldn't affect the enti…

Started by Unseen

231 Feb 24
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

Should the man be the head of the household?

Hello members of Think Atheist.  I don't remember this topic being brought up before so here it is. The reason I am asking this is because…

Started by Dustin

54 Feb 1
Reply by Jim Duffield

Should artists be considered separately from their work?

Woody Allen received a lifetime achievement award at the recent Golden Globes Awards. Simultaneously, Mia Farrow, his ex, and one of his ch…

Started by Unseen

12 Jan 17
Reply by Lewal

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service