Church & State (227)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do you guys/girls think "In God we trust" should be removed from U.S. money?

Granted, it's a cumbersome issue and it was added then (on paper money) to distinguish us from the "Godless Communist", but at this point i…

Started by Hunter James

1 Jan 2, 2013
Reply by David Henson

How to report religious displays on public property

Annoyed by religious displays on public property? Do you see one in your town? Contact the Freedom From Religion Foundation. They'll file a…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

2 Dec 14, 2012
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

West Pointer Quits Over Proselytizing

The twitter feed posted a link to this article earlier and from there I found my way to Military.com's version of the story.  Both articles…

Started by Ryan B

16 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Hank Hell

pledge of allegiance

hi just going to point out that the pledge of allegiance was added in the seventies and can be changed. and i want your views on that

Started by Will H

91 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by Andrew

Sentenced to church.

Hello everybody. So... Apparently some judge in Oklahoma sentenced a 17 year old to church for manslaughter charges. Here's a link to the s…

Started by John Phillips

6 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by Tiffany Willoughby

Do we really need laws against hate crimes?

If man A punches man B in the chops silently, it's assault and battery. If he says "You fucking Icelander," during the assault it's a hate…

Started by Unseen

25 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Heather Spoonheim

Education and Faith Schools.

I have just watched a documentary about faith schools in Britain by Richard Dawkins. Here is a link: http://vimeo.com/18400308 In this docu…

Started by Sean Core

0 Jul 29, 2012

Indiana public school's bible class

Some friends of mine and I have been having an interesting discussion over this.   An Arizona lawmaker wants to create a high school course…

Started by Randy R

6 May 28, 2012
Reply by Mark Romano

The "under God" and the "under": which does what kind of harm?

Do you want to play a switch in a relationship, or do you want to play the submissive in a dominant/submissive relationship?Look carefully…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

0 May 3, 2012

Teaching Creationism in Tennessee Schools

Legislation has recently passed in Tennessee that will allow teachers and students to question current "controversial theories" like evolut…

Started by Brandon Langham

18 Apr 13, 2012
Reply by Kyle Wilkins

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service