Church & State (223)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why is the Mid-West so pushy about religion? Take a look at this sign. Is this a violation of separation of church and state?

Started by Anna Wright

2 Jun 18, 2013
Reply by Dave G

The future of Africa

I had a great conversation with a young man from Uganda this week, and we were discussing the geopolitics of Africa. IMO, Africa is in a g…

Started by Melvinotis

0 Jun 8, 2013

Do you think the Catholic Church will fall in Australia following recent events, or will they just shrug off the controvers?

I don't know how much most of you will know about the current happenings in Australia, but we are in the middle of a massive investigation…

Started by Byrnes Steel

2 May 27, 2013

day of reason compared to holocaust

just watched a fox news about day of reason. I knew there was a reason I avoid fox news, they compared a day for reason to the holocaust. T…

Started by angela kozma

2 May 18, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Court rules Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's taxpayer-funded religious school voucher plan violates constitution

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, right-wing darling and presumptive 2016 Republican nominee for President, took a major hit today when the…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

1 May 7, 2013
Reply by Dave G

WBC and Boston tragedy

Apparently the WBC may be at it again: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/anonymous-westboro-boston-picket-marathon-funerals_n_309351

Started by Diane

28 May 4, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

Happy National Day of Prayer everybody

Yesterday the President of the United States issued a proclamation calling upon all Americans "to turn to God in prayer", including 13 mill…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

9 May 2, 2013
Reply by RobertPiano

church in schools rant

Was reading an article about a high school principal who forced students to sit through several  assemblies. Teaching the future has no hop…

Started by angela kozma

6 Apr 28, 2013
Reply by Dale Headley

Atheists should oppose separation of church and state?

Here is an unusual opinion: Why Atheists Should Fight for Establishment of State Religion. In a nutshell: when religion is encouraged by th…

Started by Physeter

0 Apr 17, 2013

I Believe That...

I believe that every church in the US should be taxed just as any other not-for-profit organization and charity is taxed, and that such tax…

Started by Barry Adamson

15 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Barry Adamson

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service