Church & State (226)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Marriage Belongs To The State.

No, marriage in the west is culturally religious.   For us Catholics, it's a sacrament.  Even the form of the state ceremony, an exchange o…

Started by H3xx

15 Aug 12, 2013
Reply by H3xx

College student leads fight against anti-evolution teachings in schools

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/wp/2013/03/17/college-student-leads-fight-against-anti-evolution-teachings-in-schools/ Thi…

Started by Brendan

0 Jul 8, 2013

balancing the federal budget

Wouldn't taxing the churches go a long way toward balancing the federal budget?  Shouldn't we atheists be pushing for this?

Started by Doug Reardon

54 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Why is the Mid-West so pushy about religion? Take a look at this sign. Is this a violation of separation of church and state?

Started by Anna Wright

2 Jun 18, 2013
Reply by Dave G

The future of Africa

I had a great conversation with a young man from Uganda this week, and we were discussing the geopolitics of Africa. IMO, Africa is in a g…

Started by Melvinotis

0 Jun 8, 2013

Do you think the Catholic Church will fall in Australia following recent events, or will they just shrug off the controvers?

I don't know how much most of you will know about the current happenings in Australia, but we are in the middle of a massive investigation…

Started by Byrnes Steel

2 May 27, 2013

day of reason compared to holocaust

just watched a fox news about day of reason. I knew there was a reason I avoid fox news, they compared a day for reason to the holocaust. T…

Started by angela kozma

2 May 18, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Court rules Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's taxpayer-funded religious school voucher plan violates constitution

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, right-wing darling and presumptive 2016 Republican nominee for President, took a major hit today when the…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

1 May 7, 2013
Reply by Dave G

WBC and Boston tragedy

Apparently the WBC may be at it again: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/anonymous-westboro-boston-picket-marathon-funerals_n_309351

Started by Diane

28 May 4, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

Happy National Day of Prayer everybody

Yesterday the President of the United States issued a proclamation calling upon all Americans "to turn to God in prayer", including 13 mill…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

9 May 2, 2013
Reply by RobertPiano

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service