Church & State (222)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The future of Africa

I had a great conversation with a young man from Uganda this week, and we were discussing the geopolitics of Africa. IMO, Africa is in a g…

Started by Melvinotis

0 Jun 8, 2013

Do you think the Catholic Church will fall in Australia following recent events, or will they just shrug off the controvers?

I don't know how much most of you will know about the current happenings in Australia, but we are in the middle of a massive investigation…

Started by Byrnes Steel

2 May 27, 2013

day of reason compared to holocaust

just watched a fox news about day of reason. I knew there was a reason I avoid fox news, they compared a day for reason to the holocaust. T…

Started by angela kozma

2 May 18, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

Court rules Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's taxpayer-funded religious school voucher plan violates constitution

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, right-wing darling and presumptive 2016 Republican nominee for President, took a major hit today when the…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

1 May 7, 2013
Reply by Dave G

WBC and Boston tragedy

Apparently the WBC may be at it again: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/anonymous-westboro-boston-picket-marathon-funerals_n_309351

Started by Diane

28 May 4, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

Happy National Day of Prayer everybody

Yesterday the President of the United States issued a proclamation calling upon all Americans "to turn to God in prayer", including 13 mill…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

9 May 2, 2013
Reply by RobertPiano

church in schools rant

Was reading an article about a high school principal who forced students to sit through several  assemblies. Teaching the future has no hop…

Started by angela kozma

6 Apr 28, 2013
Reply by Dale Headley

Atheists should oppose separation of church and state?

Here is an unusual opinion: Why Atheists Should Fight for Establishment of State Religion. In a nutshell: when religion is encouraged by th…

Started by Physeter

0 Apr 17, 2013

I Believe That...

I believe that every church in the US should be taxed just as any other not-for-profit organization and charity is taxed, and that such tax…

Started by Barry Adamson

15 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Barry Adamson

Take the cross down?

An atheist friend of mine posted this on Facebook saying that she didn't agree with the FFRF trying to get this cross taken down. As a vete…

Started by Roger Wright

63 Apr 3, 2013
Reply by SteveInCO

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 28 minutes ago. 127 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service