Church & State (226)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Should I fight this or let it go?

After seeing a number of religious personalized license plates around, I decided to get a personallized plate for my new car... I went to t…

Started by Daniel Boyer

17 Jun 17, 2009
Reply by Dave G

Proselytizing Public School Teacher is at it Again!

Proselytizing Public School Teacher is at it Again! June 5, 2009 - Matthew LaClair Proselytizing Public School Teacher Leads Field Trip to…

Started by Johnny

15 Jun 16, 2009
Reply by Kristy

Wright Is Wrong: Religious Right Leader Attacks Obama – And Jesus

Wright Is Wrong: Religious Right Leader Attacks Obama – And Jesus By Joseph L. Conn - May 6, 2009 Hang on to your pews, flock. I’m about t…

Started by Johnny

4 May 8, 2009
Reply by Dave G

High School Teacher Directs "Athelets For Christ" in our school setting.

According to the school, the group is completely voluntary and is not an official after school group. The teacher running the group claims…

Started by Kevin McShane

18 May 4, 2009
Reply by Johnny

An Atheist with a Dilemma

I'm a teacher in a Church of England school and I'm an atheist. The school was taken over by the CofE a couple of years ago, and has not r…

Started by Tom Slatter

2 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Tom Slatter

How to Spot a Creationist Book in a Scientific Cover

Written by Amanda Gefter, on Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:35 UTC, for New Scientist (but not published). As a book reviews editor at New Scientist,…

Started by Johnny

3 Apr 26, 2009
Reply by Michel A. Poisson

Interesting Snopes Stumble

Religious references on capital buildings and religious references by founding fathers. Link

Started by Johnny

6 Apr 21, 2009
Reply by Dave G

Handicapped

One day I was standing in front of a classroom of elementary school children. I held up a card with the number 14 on it, but hid that numbe…

Started by Morgan Matthew

6 Apr 16, 2009
Reply by Arletta Q

Read a Banned Book: A Tribute to Judith Krug

Americans United for Separation of Church and State (www.au.org) has a post today giving a nod of tribute to Judith Krug. Since 1967 Judit…

Started by Johnny

0 Apr 14, 2009

The only good things to come from religion is a public holiday or two

Does anyone have any thoughts on what holidays we can use to replace religious holidays? Or as I call them “Holidays which are part of my a…

Started by Jin-oh Choi

8 Apr 13, 2009
Reply by Pam

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service