Biology and Medicine (48)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is the risk worth it? What do you think?

I want to get a tattoo. I have ALWAYS wanted one and I finally know exactly what I want. In planning to go under the needle I have been res…

Started by Belle Rose

146 Dec 9, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Kenyan Pastors Burn HIV Drugs After Praying For Victims

Pastors at some Pentecostal churches in Kenya are conducting prayer services to “cure” patients infected with HIV, confiscating their anti-…

Started by Dan

0 Dec 5, 2013

Princeton students get unapproved Meningitis vaccine - What makes them so special?

Princeton University officials decided Monday to make available a meningitis vaccine that hasn't been approved in the U.S. to stop the spre…

Started by Unseen

0 Nov 19, 2013

Backbone Award Winner: PA. County Clerk D. Bruce Hanes

The story: Pennsylvania Judge Dan Pellegrini stopped Philadelphia county clerk D. Bruce Hanes from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex co…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

2 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

Eugenics - A touchy subject I'd like to explore

I have some pretty strong feelings about eugenics (it's a good and necessary practice), but I find it very, VERY difficult to talk about it…

Started by Schroeder Alice Veidt

449 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by T A A

Republicans lie about Obamacare: Actually 59% of us love it!

The Republicans regularly attempt to repeal Obamacare, and now they're talking about defunding it.  They claim that the majority of America…

Started by Unseen

7 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Jesus DNA

Egg from Mary, Sperm from God? Earthly X, Godly Y Egg from Mary, Sperm from David? (Many say the Bible does not provide a genealogy of Mary…

Started by RobertPiano

7 Aug 21, 2013
Reply by archaeopteryx

CNN is starting a national discussion on marijuana

Tomorrow, August 11 at 8 pm ET CNN will air a special named "Weed," where their chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, does an abou…

Started by Unseen

16 Aug 12, 2013
Reply by Unseen

If creationism were true...

If creationism were true, wouldn’t that mean that no animal species could be related to another? And DNA would be varied from species to sp…

Started by Keith Pulley

42 Jul 23, 2013
Reply by William Boyd

Aquatic Ape Hypothesis

I loaded a bunch of TED Talks on my IPod for a recent trip. One of them was by Elaine Morgan. She's a proponent of the Aquatic Ape Hypothes…

Started by Gaytor

66 Jun 10, 2013
Reply by Matt Giwer

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service