Biology and Medicine (57)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Scientist claims that quantum theory proves souls...

Anyone want to take a crack at this? http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/scientists-claim-that-quantum-theory-proves-consciousness-m

Started by Emperor Milos

10 Mar 23
Reply by Gregg R Thomas

This might make the vegetarians happy. Some of them, anyway.

A Dutch researcher has created beef in the lab. While it's just a first attempt and aesthetically seems only marginally successful, it pres…

Started by Unseen

1 Mar 1
Reply by John Major

Child euthanasia in Belgium

Parliament in Belgium has passed a bill allowing euthanasia for terminally ill children without any age limit, by 86 votes to 44, with 12 a…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

6 Feb 15
Reply by Steve Armitstead

Jahi McMath and the tragedy of death denied

I first noticed this story because I have a daughter close to Jahi's age, and was shocked that a routine surgery could be botched so badly…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

7 Jan 5
Reply by Gallup's Mirror

Intelligent? Design?

Intelligent Design (ID) is a concept proposed by some who are unable to accept evolution. They assume that (1) life, with its nearly infini…

Started by Giddian Beer

43 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Michael

Alcohol: do people genuinely 'like' the taste?

A discussion about this on another forum got me thinking.  Hypothetically, if the physiological effects of alcohol were not present, would…

Started by erik112358

81 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Nerdy Keith

The Theory of Evolution and the Biblical account of Creation - are they compatible?

There is much debate as to whether Science and Religion are compatible and in particular can Evolution and the Biblical creation account co…

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

100 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

How do you feel about SNAKES?

The "serpent" seems to have played a pivotal role in the temptation of Adam, and received a curse from the LORD. Genesis 3:14 And the LORD…

Started by _Robert_

47 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by onyango makagutu

Does homosexuality make evolutionary sense?

This is something I've been pondering myself recently, the leading scientific opinion is that jomosexuality is based on biology rather than…

Started by Ryan Peterson

121 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Origins of Life?

The essence and origins of life. What is it? Yes, we can define characteristics that differentiated the living from the non-living. The bui…

Started by _Robert_

80 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by James Cox

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Peter Mark Longdon 54 minutes ago. 8 Replies

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Rocky john 4 hours ago. 22 Replies

Marriage makes women fat?

Started by Logicallunatic in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 10 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service