Biology and Medicine (53)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Intelligent? Design?

Intelligent Design (ID) is a concept proposed by some who are unable to accept evolution. They assume that (1) life, with its nearly infini…

Started by Giddian Beer

43 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Michael

Alcohol: do people genuinely 'like' the taste?

A discussion about this on another forum got me thinking.  Hypothetically, if the physiological effects of alcohol were not present, would…

Started by erik112358

81 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Nerdy Keith

The Theory of Evolution and the Biblical account of Creation - are they compatible?

There is much debate as to whether Science and Religion are compatible and in particular can Evolution and the Biblical creation account co…

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

100 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer

How do you feel about SNAKES?

The "serpent" seems to have played a pivotal role in the temptation of Adam, and received a curse from the LORD. Genesis 3:14 And the LORD…

Started by RobertPiano

47 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by onyango makagutu

Does homosexuality make evolutionary sense?

This is something I've been pondering myself recently, the leading scientific opinion is that jomosexuality is based on biology rather than…

Started by Ryan Peterson

121 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Unseen

Origins of Life?

The essence and origins of life. What is it? Yes, we can define characteristics that differentiated the living from the non-living. The bui…

Started by RobertPiano

80 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by James Cox

How would I.D be taught in schools?

We all know of the big debate within the American school system: teaching intelligent design. It seems all that I am hearing from that side…

Started by Scarlette Blues

64 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

Finding Secular/Rational Doctors

I don't have a personal doctor. I have a dentist that I really like. but I'm healthy. For the irregular issues like a staph infection 4 or…

Started by Gaytor

10 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

A new definition of death.

Sorry for the lack of a link I'll provide later when I'm not on my cel. But recently scientists have created an artificial heart that pumps…

Started by dragotron

4 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

The "God" found in psychoactives

A lot of people have relative / similar and sometimes even identical philosophies and beliefs after enough experimentation with certain dru…

Started by Zach Hooper

34 Dec 11, 2013
Reply by David Smith

RSS

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service