Biology and Medicine (62)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are there creatures with semi evolved body parts present on the parent creature?

Are there creatures with semi evolved body parts present on the parent creature? In reply to this comment of which I find confusing:"people…

Started by fruyian

6 Jul 7
Reply by Gregg RThomas

An update on Richard’s condition in his own words.

An update on Richard’s condition in his own words. Richard recorded the following message to update everyone on his condition. https://ric…

Started by Stephen

2 Feb 14
Reply by Stephen

Meiosis to Mitosis - Evolution's unsolved riddle of the origins of sexual reproduction.

The one glaring gap in evolutionary theory that persists to baffle us is exactly how we went from asexual (meiosis) to sexual (mitosis) rep…

Started by Ed

26 Jan 29
Reply by TJ

Should 'personal belief' vaccine exemptions be allowed?

"Responding to an outbreak of measles that has infected more than 100 people, two California lawmakers said on Wednesday they would introdu…

Started by Gallup's Mirror

25 Feb 13, 2015
Reply by Ron Humphrey

The anti-vaccination crew. Karl Marx's new success story.

Anti-vaxxers, as some call them, are impervious to facts the same way extremely religious people are impervious to facts which conflict the…

Started by Unseen

0 Feb 2, 2015

Why do living things strive to continue?

We look around and everywhere, plants, animals...even microbial organisms struggle to live and reproduce. What is the motivation? Why does…

Started by _Robert_

40 Jan 7, 2015
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Just an unfair advantage? Or a dangerous move by UFC?

I am an avid follower of Holly Holm because I know her personally. I cannot WAIT for the day that UFC matches her up with current bantamwei…

Started by Belle Rose

42 Oct 1, 2014
Reply by Belle Rose

Psychiatry seeks a tailored approach instead of "one size fits all."

I am a PTSD patient and trauma survivor. I came across this new study showing the recent advances being made in the understanding of and th…

Started by Belle Rose

0 Sep 26, 2014

The Angelina Jolie Effect

A little over a year ago, Angelina Jolie had a double masectomy, in a proactive measure to greatly reduce her risk of developing breast can…

Started by Belle Rose

8 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by Unseen

I Keep Hearing That Women Doubt the Beauty of Their Vagina. Really?

I keep hearing that many women have a fear that their vagina is ugly.  This seems absurd to me, as the idea of an ugly vagina is complete n…

Started by Michael Sizer-Watt

104 Aug 18, 2014
Reply by Unseen

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service