Atheist Parenting (66)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Up the duff. How about some secular baby names?

Don't want to give my baby a religious baby name. Any ideas about how to go about locating a list of secular baby names (which aren't too f…

Started by Kairan Nierde

15 Dec 20, 2014
Reply by Belle Rose

Saying goodbye

I never thought it would happen. I never thought I would see the day when I would say goodbye to those who I love most. I never thought it…

Started by Belle Rose

2 Nov 30, 2014
Reply by Belle Rose

Would you use a book to talk to young kids about Atheism?

I saw this on one of the Humanism facebook groups and it seems like a good idea. I checked Amazon and there isn't much out there for kids t…

Started by Leonard Deke

1 Nov 28, 2014
Reply by Pope Beanie

On the fence....

<moderator note>The author of this thread is no longer a member on the site. The discussion is not closed, but keep in mind you will…

Started by Savannah

136 Nov 17, 2014
Reply by Pope Beanie

Breaking the cycle

My 5 year old son has witnessed more violence than he ever should have. Thankfully I was able to get away from his dad.  My son has starte…

Started by Belle Rose

2 Nov 9, 2014
Reply by Belle Rose

I don't know what to say

How do you tell a 5 year old boy with PTSD and anxiety from domestic violence about a school shooting that is SO close to home, that everyo…

Started by Belle Rose

6 Oct 27, 2014
Reply by Cato (Kaito) Rigas

Punishment as a parenting strategy

I am taking Introduction to psychology this semester and one of my assignments is to find two parents and ask them, "When do you think that…

Started by K_R

40 Sep 22, 2014
Reply by Erock68la

My kid wants to get baptized...

I do not have kids. ...Yet. I take it for granted that in some capacity I probably will someday. I would obviously raise them without relig…

Started by Stephy

36 Sep 3, 2014
Reply by Scott Graves

How do you reverse the brainwashing of a child??

So I want to pose a question to the crowd. More of just an interesting thought that has crossed my mind and I'm not sure where I stand on t…

Started by Belle Rose

33 Aug 28, 2014
Reply by юри фидов

Do you think Children should be able to make their own decisions on Religion?

I am an Atheist mother, but I believe that my children should make their own final decision. I try not to influence them in any way. They k…

Started by Heather Linnerooth

19 Aug 18, 2014
Reply by A. T. Heist

RSS

© 2016   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service