Atheist Parenting (57)

Featured Discussions

Raising our children as freethinkers

I will try to keep this brief (although I am known for being wordy) :)  My wife and I have a fantastic little boy who is just 4 years old…

Started by D. BrooksLatest Reply

My kid wants to get baptized...

I do not have kids. ...Yet. I take it for granted that in some capacity I probably will someday. I would obviously raise them without relig…

Started by StephyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ear-piercing a baby

BTW: This is not just an atheist parenting issue but this was the closest category. My other half is Greek Orthodox and, apparently, part o…

Started by Simon Mathews

27 9 hours ago
Reply by Unseen

Up the duff. How about some secular baby names?

Don't want to give my baby a religious baby name. Any ideas about how to go about locating a list of secular baby names (which aren't too f…

Started by Kairan Nierde

15 9 hours ago
Reply by Belle Rose

Saying goodbye

I never thought it would happen. I never thought I would see the day when I would say goodbye to those who I love most. I never thought it…

Started by Belle Rose

2 Nov 30
Reply by Belle Rose

Would you use a book to talk to young kids about Atheism?

I saw this on one of the Humanism facebook groups and it seems like a good idea. I checked Amazon and there isn't much out there for kids t…

Started by Leonard Deke

1 Nov 28
Reply by Pope Beanie

On the fence....

<moderator note>The author of this thread is no longer a member on the site. The discussion is not closed, but keep in mind you will…

Started by Savannah

136 Nov 17
Reply by Pope Beanie

Breaking the cycle

My 5 year old son has witnessed more violence than he ever should have. Thankfully I was able to get away from his dad.  My son has starte…

Started by Belle Rose

2 Nov 9
Reply by Belle Rose

I don't know what to say

How do you tell a 5 year old boy with PTSD and anxiety from domestic violence about a school shooting that is SO close to home, that everyo…

Started by Belle Rose

6 Oct 27
Reply by Cato Rigas

Punishment as a parenting strategy

I am taking Introduction to psychology this semester and one of my assignments is to find two parents and ask them, "When do you think that…

Started by K_R

40 Sep 22
Reply by Erock68la

My kid wants to get baptized...

I do not have kids. ...Yet. I take it for granted that in some capacity I probably will someday. I would obviously raise them without relig…

Started by Stephy

36 Sep 3
Reply by Scott Graves

How do you reverse the brainwashing of a child??

So I want to pose a question to the crowd. More of just an interesting thought that has crossed my mind and I'm not sure where I stand on t…

Started by Belle Rose

33 Aug 28
Reply by юри фидов

RSS

Forum

The Elephant in the Room...

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 30 minutes ago. 18 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Ed 1 hour ago. 1 Reply

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Pope Beanie 3 hours ago. 60 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service